The Soaring Club of Tasmania has moved from Woodbury Airfield to its new home at Tunbridge Airfield. This has been made possible by a great deal of volunteer labour and support from our members. We are excited to restart flying at our new home site and begin to explore the opportunities at Tunbridge.
We are also grateful for the financial support we have received in the form of a Tasmanian Government grant from Sports, Recreation, and communities. This has helped in the construction of a purpose-built bathroom at Tunbridge airfield.
Also, funding received from donations made through the Australian Sports Foundation has been put to good use in the re-construction of our hangar at Tunbridge and in constructing a new grass runway at Tunbridge.
We would also like to thank the following organisations and businesses for their support.
- Northern Midlands council. For support of planning and developments.
- Richard Gardner. For land use and assistance in airfield development.
- Gliding Federation of Australia. For administrative support.
- Doyle Soil Consulting. For extensive soil and administrative support.
- Thomas Mayne Pty Ltd. For all engineering design work and site layout.
- Braddon Building Surveying Pty Ltd. For all site infrastructure surveying
- Van Diemen Wastewater services. For bathroom plumbing construction.
- P.R Whatley Builders. For construction of hangar and bathroom.